The Top 5 Reasons to become a U.S. Citizen
Deciding to become a U.S. citizen is an important decision to make. When you apply to become a U.S. citizen, you are making a pledge to honor and be loyal to the United States, its laws and the Constitution. You are afforded many privileges and rights with citizenship.
Here are the top 5 reasons to become a U.S. Citizen:
1. Vote. Only United States citizens can vote in a federal election. Most states can also restrict the right to vote if you are not a U.S. Citizen.
2. Bring family members to the United States. Generally, U.S. citizens get priority when petitioning to bring family members permanently to the U.S.
3. Travel with a U.S. passport. When outside the United States, traveling with a U.S. passport allows you to get help from the United States government should you need it.
4. Apply for a federal job. Most jobs within the government require U.S. citizenship.
5. Become an elected official. Want to be a Senator or Representative from your state? Many elected offices in this country require U.S. citizenship.
These are just a few of the more important reasons to become a U.S. citizen. There are many benefits and rights along with responsibilities, that come with being a citizen. To read more, visit this article: The Benefits and Rights of Becoming a United States Citizen.